Monday, November 12, 2012

going all the way back to Halloween for this post!  here's magnos costume for work.  hes not big on dressing up, but for some reason his work made it mandatory so he kept it as easy as possible!

 we went to my parents house as usual........my mom made delicious food as usual & we were super lazy, as usual!
the very next day I decorated for fall. which was pretty weird considering that way the day that Christmas decor went up in all the store windows at the circle!
a few days later we went to my friend hilaries house & walked to the beach after having lunch.  it was at least 85 degrees at the beach, so it was a really nice day.
i also did some cleaning out and organizing in the kitchen that weekend....since i had my big fall wedding coming up and was leaving to Malibu for the weekend, i wanted to come home to a sparkling clean house. i wouldn't be able to do my job if i was stressed about a dirty house left behind haha
Tuesday was a busy one, running around picking up my business cards for the upcoming weekend, cleaning, packing, emailing vendors, calling the venue...so many little things.  I'm surprised that i made time to vote.  in all honesty, the only reason i did was because it was on my way home and i didn't see a line! plus its at an old movie theatre in the circle with a Starbucks close by, so it didn't feel like such a chore:)
i also made my bride and groom a little gift, it was a very productive day!
Wednesday started the wedding madness.  First thing in the morning, i went to the flower mart & picked up all their flowers so i could start the prep work.  this is what our office looked like
the guy who took my order gave me an extra 2 dozen pink roses which brightened up a few rooms in the apartment
Thursday morning I left kramer and magno, which i hated, but i had work to do! I picked up my wonderful wedding assistant Liz and we headed off to thousand oaks, where our hotel was.  It rained the entire way.  We got to the hotel, unloaded, then got straight back in the car and headed to the venue in malibu for the rehearsal.  When we got there, i was greeted by the sweetest dog ever, he just walked around the meeting room & followed us around.  We later found out he is the owners, and he hangs out there everyday.  I was already missing kramer so I loved seeing this cute guys face!
as soon as the whole bridal party arrived, we went outside to start rehearsal.  it rained the entire time and was so cold i could hardly move.  I was SO bummed because I knew we would have to use the plan B for the ceremony the next day, and i really didn't want to do that!  We headed back to the hotel to begin making all the flowers.  We worked on them from 5pm-midnight & then finally called it quits.

 We woke up at 6am the next morning and finished what we needed to, then began loading the car to get ready to go.  I HAPPILY woke up to beautiful blue skies and sunshine....i was SO relieved! We got to the venue at about 11am and everything from there on out was just work! Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, turned out perfect!  The bride and groom were on cloud 9 and came up to me multiple times during the night saying how perfect everything was.  We were SO tired, but SO happy that everything went so well.  it was about 40 degrees that night, so I was totally numb from head to toe, but it was still so worth it!  I got home about 1:30 am and immediately started telling magno about how awesome everything was....it was seriously the best wedding I've ever worked!






the next morning was monumental because for the first wedding ever, i didn't wake up extremely sick.  Usually I do, not sure if its because of all the stress, being on my feet for 15+ hours the prior day, the lack of food during the day cause I'm too busy......not sure. but i woke up feeling ok. It totally helped that I woke up to a voicemail from the bride saying how happy she was and how they loved every single second of their wedding.  it made me so happy.  So since I wasn't sick, a little later in the day me and magno went shopping together.......something that hasn't happened in.....i can't even remember how long! I got a peppermint mocha, the mall was packed, and their was xmas decor all over....it was so perfect!  We left the mall with everything we needed, a few new work clothes for magno, and his new shoes, and even a cute new pair for me!
I was even happier when I realized I had coupons in my purse for express, so magno got almost $200 worth of clothes for $70...........you'll never know how happy a good deal makes me!
Sunday I was still coming off my wedding high.  Kramer was apparently really happy too, cause he rolled in the dirt all morning and came home looking like this
him and fluffy being cute
After giving kramer a bath, me and my sister went to downtown disney to try to the sandwich place Earl of Sandwich.  the line was around the building, but it was worth the wait...the food was delicious!

after that we went to the mall where I was hoping to find a winter jacket but came home with only candy haha.  After some relaxing we had our neighbor over to eat junk food and watch the walking dead.

It was a long, busy, but WONDERFUL weekend.  I'm happily back home to my clean apartment and still trying to catch up on sleep!

1 comment:

Lacey D said...

The most gorgeous wedding ever! I'm in LOVE with the lights falling from the trees. Good work Kat!