Thursday, September 23, 2010

2 months & counting!

A little over 2 months till the wedding!! i cant even believe it. infact, i dont believe it! i know im doing all this work & booking all these vendors, but it still doesnt seem real! i cant even imagine how i will feel that day! i am SO LUCKY.

In the next couple of days I plan to get a mock table up at home. Since im not hiring a wedding designer or florist, those are both my job now!:) well, im hiring a florist to make the bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres. but everything else will be made by me and some lucky little helpers:) anyways, I want to make sure the vision in my head looks as good set up as it does in my mind! so im going to rent a table, linens, and everything else i need to do a trial run. im excited to see how it turns out!:)

We had a lot of fun at the wedding we went to this past weekend. it surprised me how gorgeous the winery was. ive never been an outdoorsy type of gal, but this venue was just amazing. Villa de Amore in temecula-highly recommended! I hope to plan a wedding there someday---as a wedding planner of course! I'll NEVER be a bride again!(sad, but true!!)

Speaking of, one of the classes im taking right now is actually really helping in my quest to be a wedding planner. Its a marketing class, but our assignments are all geared towards marketing our own business. So throughout the class i'll get to make my business cards, a brochure, a website...that way it will be all done once i start my classes at the association of bridal consultants. so exciting! one thing I realized at the wedding this weekend was that theres NOTHING else id rather do. the wedding industry is where im meant to be!

last topic of dicussion in the dj!! in my last post i mentioned that we were meeting with him. The meeting went well & we booked him. Just like my wedding planner is the owner of our venue, our dj is the owner of the entertainment company. I find myself willing to pay more for the ABSOLUTE BEST. magno really liked the dj too and we both have total confidence in this guy. that is a really good feeling! lots of people are confused since i said to begin with that i didnt want a dj!!! BUT, when we booked the Ebell club, we upped the anty basically! I dont want to have such a gorgeous space wasted by just doing dinner. my unique & intimate wedding is turning into a normal wedding! normally this would really bother me, but i know it will be amazing.

thats all for today, hope everyone has a great weekend!=)


No comments: