Monday, April 11, 2011

What have I been doing?


Well, besides working & cleaning? Yeah, nothing.

We've gotten into such a monotonous routine of working & everyday life (bills, chores, laudry, blah blah blah) that we haven't done anything recreational for at least a month, maybe longer.  its ridiculous & i've come to realize this kinda life will slowly drive me nuts.  So our 7 year anniversary is coming up next week which might be a good excuse to spend the day together, doing normal 24/25 year old stuff. we'll see what happens, but at least we have a goal!

last thursday i went to the LA flower mart with my boss...we had to be in LA by 9am so it was an early day...i woke up not feeling great but went anyways...well, not long after we got to the flower mart and started going over all the different types of flowers, i got visiously sick.  it hit me like a ton of bricks and before i knew it, i was in a dirty bathroom in downtown LA throwing up.  it was AWFUL.  it really screwed up my day of learning & to make it worse i didnt even drive my own car so I was kinda stranded in LA, sick.  Luckily my coworkers were really sweet and got me some sprite and a bite to eat, and one even volunteered to take me home. She lives in Ontario though so i felt really bad having her do that.  However, I knew it couldnt stay because if i did, my boss wasnt going home till 10pm that night! so i had to call magno and we worked out a halfway point to where my coworker could drop me off & he could pick me up.  that halfway point was a del taco in whittier.  I sat there hunched over in a booth halfway asleep until magno got there.  I got home, slept for 2 hours, woke up, ate anything i could so i could take medicine, then went back to sleep the rest of the night.  I woke up friday feeling fine.  glad it was a short lived thing but it was BAD.  I think it was a combo of car sickness/taking Dramamine too late. I was able to learn a few flowers and snap a few pix at the flower mart before I got sick though!  I want to go back ASAP because we all know how exciting all this wedding stuff is to me:)
Weekends are filled with weddings and wedding shows...they are all pretty routine by now.  This last show was funny because our booth was right next to the guy who married us! it was fun seeing him again while being in long beach-our wedding city;) still having the best time in this intership...i doubt that will change anytime soon!

We also FINALLY got our interview appointment from immigration!! this is especially exciting because our lawyer said its one of the last steps!  So, on april 28th we'lll sit and be judged by strangers & told whether or not they think our relationship is real.  HAH.

One last thing is taxes! After forking over $5kish to immigration, we were DREADING getting our taxes done and finding out the damage.  We were positive we'd owe at least $5k.  However, we have the best accountant EVER.  He wrote off EVERYTHING!! grand total owed to the state:$179.  our marriage helped, me going to school helped, magno working from home at times helped, writing off mileage, computers, phones, and school all helped! we are SO relieved. so all the money we would have spend on taxes is now going into savings.  it feels oh so good..god bless our CPA!!!!!

No comments: