Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 1 – A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was.

of course i chose a wedding picture, what else??!

my day was ok-even though its not ever yet, but i dont like blogging at night haha. magno was running a little late to work but then got a call from his brother saying all the phones and internet are down over there.  so we took advantage and went to see an apartment we had been researching online.  its in irvine and is REALLY close to magnos work & mine(the flower studio).  that was already a pro.  it was a really really nice building and its in a really safe area.  granite kitchen countertops, roman bathtubs, tall ceilings..we were impressed. the only downside is that its in a huge complex, which we really wanted to avoid.  living in huge complexes like that means walking who knows how far to your car, and with groceries, and guest parking is annoying...its just not a favorable living situation. but we think the inside of the apartment makes up for it so we think we're gunna apply there and see what happens.  after we were done there we had lunch at chic-filet(SO GOOD!) and then magno finally went to work.  now im in my bed in my hot pink leopard pjs about to blow dry my hair and go on the hunt for some black work pants.  i have a long work day ahead of me tomorrow, 2 weddings back to back! I have some freschetta frozen pizza in the freezer for dinner and i intend on going to bed as early as i can to wake up early for my weddings tomorrow:)

5 comments:

Shannon Olson said...

Ok what do you do for a living? are you a wedding planner?
I have always thought that would be such an awesome job!

Life After Marriage said...

im a wedding planner in training! just finishing up an internship:) its awesome, i absolutely LOVE IT!

Shannon Olson said...

Wow, did you go to school to become a wedding planner or just the internship? How hard is it to become an intern? I will be looking for a job because I am moving back from NZ. Seems so fun.

Life After Marriage said...

Theres an online school/certification program called the Association of Bridal Consultants...I havent done it yet because A: its in no way mandatory to become a wedding planner, it just adds that element of professionalism and B: as part of the school you have to work 12 weddings a year, which I hadn't done until just recently with this internship. so now that I've done that I will enroll asap:)
the internship wasnt hard to get, i just replied to an ad on craigslist! however, its not a well paying job..those of us that do it do it for the love of the industry not for the money. for me its worth it and i love it, but then again im totally obsessed with weddings and LIVE for them!!;) once you get back from NZ you can let me know your situation & I can see if our company is looking for interns if your still interested!

Shannon Olson said...

That would be awesome! Thanks =)